The Leopold Boyhood Home, 111 Clay St., c. 1890, was lived in by the family until 1900, when they moved back into the adjacent Starker Leopold House. The house stayed in the family until brother Frederic's passing in 1989.
Both the exterior and interior of the house have many intimate places to reflect on Aldo's roots. The fireplace hearths were the hub of family life. Stories around the fire and dining table kept the outdoor discoveries and lessons alive through AIdo's family for nearly a century.
Previous owner, Mary Shier, bought the house from Frederic's estate 26 years ago, restored the interior and reconstructed the front porch that had been removed many years earlier. She has also been a great guardian of the century old woodland wildflower garden.
Family hearths where Aldo and his brothers laid out the day's hunt for the whole family to admire and study.
Leopold House at the turn of the century In 1989 without the porch